Sunday, December 22, 2013

(W)Reef Update #3


I have been finishing up some last minute Christmas wreaths as homemade presents for my family. I made a Texas themed wreath for my mom using seasonal decorations from Michaels that I got for 70 percent off. I used some decorative succulents, red berry sprays, white pine tree trim, and some star shaped wooden cut outs that I spray painted silver. I added some vintage blue ornaments and a red bow fashioned from a bandana, which I found directions on Pinterest. I used an oval wreath rather than a circular wreath to make it interesting and unusual.




I also wanted to make my younger sister a wreath, since she just moved into a new apartment in Dallas.  I wanted to make a fun, giant wreath to welcome her home from work everyday.  I tried to include an approximation of the Reunion Tower, the sign from our favorite music venue in Deep Ellum, Trees, and a small version of metal robot sculpture that adorns the start of the Deep Ellum neighborhood.  That little guy I made from silver polymer clay.


Hopefully they will love them.  The top image is a wreath I put together in five minutes after I realized I had no wreath on the front door.  Oops.  Maybe I'll put together something more lavish next year.

How about you guys?  Do you crazy over wreaths like me or prefer mistletoe or lights more?

Let me know my ninjas!
Marg 

0 comments:

Post a Comment