Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Look Back - 2013 (Part One)


I hope your holidays are going well!  If you are already back at work or just bored sitting around at Grandma's, now is a good time to look at 2013 in review.  Specifically I'm talking movies.  You ever wait for the People Magazine or Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Movies/Books/Music/TV Moments/Smoothie Flavors of the year to come out?  I do!  I eat that sh#t right up!

Gotta catch up on the stuff I missed out on!  Next year I'll watch more movies, listen to more music, read more books...until I get too lazy by February and then just waste time playing Arkham Asylum again for the 90th time.  Well, a girl can dream.

I wanted to kick off Part One of my fabulous retrospective with MOVIES!!  I love movies, so much so that my degree is in Film but I won't go all obnoxious film school on you because that's dumb and boring.

Tragically enough I don't get to the movie theatre often because I almost always have to go alone but when I do it's almost always for a superhero movie of some sort, because I'm also a comic book nerd to some degree.  I mean I stopped buying comics because I wouldn't read them right away and then began building a stockpile for no discernible reason.  Now I mostly catch up with the paperback trades or try to, because comic books are incredibly expensive.

So what, pray tell dragged my ass from my couch?  Well....

Guillermo Del Toro is my homeboy.  Mexican directors represent!
When the line to see Hunger Games is a million people long, you could worse than Thor 2.

Katniss.  Pita Bread!  The gang is all back, plus Capote!

Iron Man has to save the U.S. from terrorists and the other Avengers couldn't care less.

Cumberbitches unite!  And express mild surprise that an awesome villain has been whitewashed.

Had to watch.  I'm a DC girl.  Also Faora is scarier than Michael Shannon, how the hell did that happen?

Quite a balanced and varied tableau, no? Yeah, I'm a nerd, spending my nerd dollars on nerdy things, just so I can complain about the nuanced differences later.  Don't even get me started on the pronunciation of this guy.

Is it "Ras" like "Nas"? (Me)"Well let me explain...do you have a spare hour?"

I tend to watch more movies on Netflix, the DVDs not Instant, cuz' I'm old school (not).

Here is my finished Netflix queue for the year 2013, for sh#ts and giggles.  Also so you can judge my taste in movies. Please judge awaaaaaaaaaaaayy!

You rated this movie: 5.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
Average rating: 3.6762



You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
Average rating: 3.9205
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 3.0

You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 1.0

You rated this movie: 1.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 5.0
You rated this movie: 3.0


You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 3.0

You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 5.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 5.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 2.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 5.0
You rated this movie: 4.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 3.0
You rated this movie: 3.0

Premium Rush, I watched solely for some JGL goodness and I didn't realize I liked Magic Mike that much, as is it a severely depressing movie.  My top rated movies were Beasts of a Southern Wild, the animated version of Frank Miller's the Dark Night Returns and A Cat in Paris. Django Unchained was also one of my favorites because I took it as the unofficial sequel to Blazing Saddles.

What movies killed it for you?  What do you recommend I catch up for 2014?  Tell me, I want to know.

Later my pop culture ninjas!
Marg

PS - Join me for Part Two when we go over music, books, and TV.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment