Friday, October 25, 2013

Office Birthdays

I am the queen of office birthdays.  I really like to decorate my co-workers cubicles and surprise them for their birthdays.  I'll pick a theme or a color scheme and go with it.  There is a certain method to my madness.  I like to use Pinterest to cull ideas based on a theme or color.

For one of my co-workers I was inspired by the color yellow and the theme of "Little Miss Sunshine". So I found a cute little wreath on this post and general inspiration here.





Normally my impulse is to rush out and buy everything I find, but that gets expensive super-quick.  You need to assess what can make the most impact for the least amount of money.  I generally rely on the following to make a splash;

  • Crepe Paper - for hanging from the ceiling or the walls
  • Patterned Scrapbook Paper - for making the bunting flags above
  • Yarn - for making hanging tassels swags
  • Color Printouts - to plaster a cube with themed images

For a late September, early October birthday I went with a Fall Theme.  The office cube is actually the same as my previous co-worker switched to a different desk.



I traced the Happy Birthday from this image.

I found these burlap wrapped canvases at Walmart for cheap.  I added an acrylic painted wooden letter with hot glue.


I got inspiration for the yarn tassel garland here and general inspiration from bendthelightblog.com. The free, downloadable paper toy owls came from 3eyedbear.com.

I like to include little odds and ends that I have accrued, such as the adorable little pin cushion above (6th image)  purchased from an antiques shop in McKinney, TX.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to glitter bomb a desk without creating a mess.  When I figure it I'll let you know.

I'm out!  Later my ninjas!

Marg.





0 comments:

Post a Comment