Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

Hi!  First post eva!  I don't even know where to start.

If you looking to be blown away by a slick, professional, designer blog you may want to look elsewhere.  This blog is going to be awesome but it is still a work in progress.  Like a teenage Wonder Woman in a training bra.  A little gawky, a little dorky-looking, but still kick-ass.

I live in the Dallas-Forth Worth area of Texas, so you will probably see me posting tons of local shizz.  I love the inherent glitz Dallas puts on and the tortured soul it hides within.

October means State Fair O' Tejas time.  Its a mecca of fried food, Texan culture, games, rides, auto shows, music and As-Seen-On-TV kitchen demos!  Seriously, it's the best.  This year was extra-special to me because we saw the return of  Big Tex after the old Big Tex erupted into flames last year.

Big Tex looking tan and well-rested.
For the first time ever, I went by mah-self on opening day. I went straight for the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Waffle Balls upon entering.


How could you not put these balls in yo' mouth?
Oddly enough there was a Superman costume exhibit near the auto exhibit.  Brandon Routh is apparently, huge.  Just saying.

Christopher Reeves' costume from Superman III.
Brandon Routh is a giant.
Henry Cavill's suit from Man of Steel.
After walking around for approximately an hour I finished with the Fried Millionaire Pie and the Fried King Ranch Casserole.  The King Ranch Casserole was spicy and fried in the shape of Texas, while the Fried Millionaire Pie resembled pie crust empanadas stuffed with marshmallow fluff, pineapple, pecans, and shredded coconut.  I don't usually kiss and tell but it was truly better than sex.

Sexy, fried pies.
Is there a more apt image of the State Fair?  I think not.
At dark, the laser light show on the Esplanade featured stuff getting lit on fire, of course, and I had to continue my tradition of stopping by the photo booth before leaving. 

Light' em up, boys!
Okay settle down. you're not Anne Hathaway.

So tell me about your State Fair. Fun, gross, crowded, sweaty, non-existent? A beacon of fried goodness or just weird agricultural displays?  I wanna know.

Til' next time. I'm out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment