Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up - New Christmas Trends and Thanksgiving at Home


Hello there my lovelies, and any male-folk that happen to stumble onto to my blog.  Last weekend was great.  Amiright?  Four days off and plentiful good food.  Much to be thankful for.


I drove to my parents house an hour away for turkey, stuffing and fruit from my mama's persimmon trees.  While my sisters were away for Thanksgiving, my mom's friends came over to dinner bringing Korean snacks and German wine.  Thanksgiving is truly the ultimate potluck.


A bounty of persimmons

Bamf!  Turkey in yo' face!







Friday afternoon we went out to saunter around the local independent shops in the downtown McKinney Square and to eat dinner at Churchill's a independently owned British style pub, 'cause that's how my mom and step dad roll.

Oh my gosh, there were so many Christmas trends on display in the stores.  Really great ideas such as;

Vintage Pink.

I really loved the glittery golds paired along with the faded pinks of yesteryear.  This would work especially well with a Nutcracker themed Christmas or in a little girl's bedroom.


How dreamy are all these colors?


Vintage Pink Velour Santa?  Don't mind if I do.



 Black, Green, Gold & Natural Elements.  

Beautiful with an air of sophistication, I really like how this store pared down their color palette to white, black, green and gold.  They added pops of color and texture with red amaryllis bulbs, neutral colored pine cones, and raw cotton covered wreaths.  Really, really luxe looking.



Loving this whole color combo!




The light pink sea urchin shells would go well with the pink trend as well.



Simply Minimal.

I've been seeing the LED light look here and here.  These tiny LED lights affixed to copper or silver wire are so slight that you barely even notice the wire.  Some come battery operated so you can literally put them anywhere in the house.  Simple, unobtrusive, yet sparkly all the same. Also to whoever made the below Christmas tree out of cardboard boxes, you ma'am, you are a genius!


Twinkling lights with wire that almost vanish into the background

YAAS!


How did your Thanksgiving turn out?  Any new Christmas trends you've had your eye on?  Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink trees - I used to have one and I totally miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I think I'm over the pink, another pink tree pulls me right back in. :)

      Delete