Friday, December 26, 2014

How I Stopped Being a Grinch and Learned To Love Christmas

                                 

Hello there.  I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday.  I know I've been absent from the blog for pretty much the entire month of December.  There is a reason for that.

I've taken some vacation time right around the holidays to sort myself out.  Every time around Christmas, without fail, my heart blackens a little and I can get downright Grinch-like.  Usually because I get overwhelmed by all the obnoxious Black Friday ads in print, on tv, in my inbox, and etc.  Add to that, the stress of crowds everywhere you go, whether it's to eat lunch at Chipotle or to buy some toliet paper from Target, I start hating Christmas just a little bit.

Instead of faking it by posting cute DIYs of Christmas crafts or by putting together a Spotify Christmas playlist I just decided to take some time off from work and do...........nothing, actually.  I didn't even get caught up on The Walking Dead or Arrow.  I just went by myself to movie theater, went to the mall in the afternoon, and walked my dog.  Here are my snapshot from those days.



I also worked on two commissioned wreaths for Christmas presents.

Had to make soo many felt balls for this one, but it turned out beautifully.

I did see my friends one day for pizza and pie in Bishop Arts.  Babies included.



Home made lasagna for Christmas Eve. 



Band at the company Christmas Party



There is nothing more calming than a completely empty movie theater. Even in the bathrooms there wasn't a soul.







Watched Big Hero 6 and Birdman by myself.

One of my Christmas presents.  All the Marvel Lego Minigfigs.




Tell me how your December went.  Fast and Furious?  What helps to calm you down when the holidays start to overwhelm?

0 comments:

Post a Comment