Friday, September 5, 2014

11 Things You Did Not Know About Me - Liebster Award Nomination


Happy Friday, everyone! Last weekend, the amazing and lovely Annie of Halfway Here nominated me for a Liebster Award, which helps to spotlight new blogs.  Here is how it works.


First, I answer 11 questions chosen by Annie.  Then, I reveal 11 facts about myself and next I choose 11 questions to ask blogger nominees of my choice.  Here goes nothing.        

11 Questions From Annie
1.  If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I would choose to be a bird of prey, something strong, fierce and able to fly far.  I like looking at things from different perspectives and am very good at looking at the "big picture".

2.  Money's no object, where is the next place you'd like to travel?
Definitely Japan or Hong Kong.  In Japan I'd like to visit Tokyo and Osaka, for the food, culture, and transportation. (yay bullet trains!)

3.  What your favorite breakfast food?
Bacon.  Eggs, bacon and toast.


4.  Best fancy dress costume you've ever made/worn.
When I was about 14 or 15, I spent Halloween with my two younger sisters at the place where my dad was currently staying.  My parents had divorced the summer before I turned 13, so holidays were still kind of weird.  We didn't bring costumes with us but we still wanted to go trick or treating.  We went to Walmart to get some fake beards, so we could dress up in my father's clothes as the band ZZ Top.  We spent the day making guitars from cardboard with my dad's help, and later walked around the neighborhood playing a ZZ Top cassette on a tape player. I remember the quality time spent with my dad making those costumes from nothing. : )

5.  What's your favourite thing about where you live/your hometown?
Currently where I live, my favorite thing would have to be the fact that I live very close to a dollar theatre, where you can see movies for a $1.50 if you just have the patience to wait a bit.  I've seen Pacific Rim, Up In the Air, and The Fantastic Mr. Fox there.  

6.  A song that will always get you on the dance floor?
Usher's DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love Again.

7. What did you want to grow up to be when you were little?
A marine biologist, because I thought it would be cool and exotic.

8.  Do you have a favorite quote or motto?
I do, actually, mine is "perspective, they don't sell it but they should".  Don't know if I heard it somewhere or just made it up, though.

9.  If you had to cook a three course meal, what would you make?
This seems daunting, but then I realized it's mostly dinner with dessert and appetizers.  First course would be strawberry, goat cheese, pecan salad.  Main course would be chicken and pasta.  Dessert would be brownies with a fudge sauce.  I'd follow the recipes to the letter, I'm not skilled enough to have them memorized.

10.  What are you most looking forward to, right at this moment?
Taking more pictures on my last day off.

11.  Lastly, but not least importantly, biscuit or cake?
Biscuit!  No wait. Cake!  Yeah, cake.  I choose cake.

11 Facts About Me
1.  I got sorted, it's all good.  I'm can proudly say I'm Ravenclaw.  (Ignore if you don't know what Harry Potter is.)
2.  I'm extremely flat footed, a condition from childhood.  I would never been allowed to enlist in the early days.
3.  I believe in spirits, ghosts, an afterlife, though I still extremely skeptical about most people's evidence, especially EVPs.
4.  I have a black thumb, but I'm getting better at keeping plants alive.
5.  I purposely have declined to learn how to knit because I did not believe it would be something I would have the patience for.
6.  Up until two years ago, I have never tried the Chik-fil-a Sauce, preferring to ask for the Polynesian Sauce.  The Chik-fil-a Sauce tastes like liquid gold, people.
7.  I collect Legos.  Legos I never had as a child.
8.  I have two twin half-sisters, we are 20 years apart in age.
9. I still watch children's cartoons because I like them but I won't watch just anything.  I still have standards in storytelling.  I love Adventure Time but hate Uncle Grandpa with a passion.
10.  I am half Mexican.
11.  I had a crazy, weird under bite, cross bite as a teen and had to wear braces, an expander, a lip bumper, a head gear at night, and retainers.  The whole nine yards.  It was painful.

11 Questions for My Nominees
1. Favorite ice cream flavor?
2.  Do you mostly sleep on your side, your back, your stomach, or do you rotate all around?
3.  What is your favorite thing about Fall?
4.  What is the last movie you saw?
5.  Where is the farthest you've traveled so far?
6.  Are you crafty?  If so, what do you like to do? If not, what would you like to be able to do?
7.  Any pets?  Any pet you'd like to have someday?
8.  What tv shows are you watching right now?
9.  Pick your poison; wine, beer, spirits, or tea?
10.  Favorite thing to do to recharge?
11.  Favorite spot in your home or apartment?


Here are my nominees, though I'm sure they have more than enough readers. Participate if you'd like, no worries if you choose not to.  You ladies are always hilarious!

Kim of midnight snark
Michelle of Neon Rattail

Anyone reading can also participate, link back to me so I can see your answers.






                                                                                                        

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why but your halloween story made me feel all nostalgic - sounds like a cool day :) so jealous of your movie theatre! 1.50 dollars??!! Amazing. Your three course dinner sounds lush - spesh that appetizer, what a good combo! Thanks for answering my questions :) X

    ReplyDelete