Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Year of the (Dark) Horse

Source
Hello dear readers.  According the Chinese, 2014 is the Year of the Horse.  Last year was the Year of the Snake.  Expect to see lots of horse and riding related accessories pop up this month.

Horses are prized as symbol of strength in the western world but they are not quite my spirit animal.  One of my favorite songs from last year is Katy Perry's "Dark Horse".

 
The lyrics speak to me a lot and a dark horse by definition is "a little known person or thing that emerges to prominence, a contestant that seems unlikely to succeed."  An underdog, an unlikely hero.  This I can relate to.

For 2014, I want to make it my Year of the (Dark) Horse.  I'm going to do my best to go after the things I want.  To ignore my own feelings of insecurity and fear of failure.  To take no prisoners.  No holds barred.

This year I'll be my own Dark Horse.  You won't even see me coming, until its too late.

I want to open my Etsy shop, write more, do more, be more.

This is my year.  Make it yours too!

Love,
Marg

0 comments:

Post a Comment